VOTE ON ELECTION DAY
- When & Where
On Election Day you can vote at your home precinct or at any of the universal locations listed below. Polls are open from 6AM-7PM. To find your home precinct, check your voter registration card or click here to look up your address.
Universal Locations For the Consolidated Election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021:
- Brookens Administrative Center, Lyle Shields Meeting Room - 1776 E Washington St, Urbana, IL 61802
- Illini Union – 1401 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801
- Lake of the Woods, Elk's Pavilion, 301 Senna Drive, Mahomet, IL 61853
- Leonhard Recreation Center, 2307 Sangamon Drive, Champaign, IL 61821
- Meadowbrook Community Church, 1902 South Duncan Road, Champaign, IL 61822
- Parkland College, Student Life Center, 2400 W Bradley, Champaign, IL 61821
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 802 East Douglas Street, St. Joseph, IL 61873
- The Church of the Living God, 312 East Bradley Avenue, Champaign, IL 61820
- The Gathering Place (First United Methodist Church), 220 S Marshall St, Rantoul, IL 61866
- Tolono Public Library, 111 East Main Street, Tolono, IL 61880
- What To Expect When Voting On Election Day
When you vote in person, please wear a mask to protect yourself, fellow voters, and the Election Judges. Once you arrive, check in at the table with the Election Judges. They will ask for your name, possibly your date of birth, and have you sign on the signature pad. Once that signature has been verified to match the signature we have on record, you will be checked in and given the appropriate ballot.
Take your ballot and pen to a voting booth. Your children can accompany you into the voting booth. Please ensure they are not disruptive to the other voters and do not infringe on anyone's privacy. You can also take candidate materials or a list of candidates you want to vote for into the booth with you. They need to be brought in discretely and not shown to other voters.
There will be instructions in the voting booth on how to correctly fill out your ballot and the Election Judge will demonstrate it for you. Filling in the oval for your chosen candidate thoroughly is important as that is how the machine reads your vote. If you make a mistake on your ballot, you can return it to the Election Judge and you will be given a new one.
Once your ballot is completed to your satisfaction, place in the ballot privacy cover with the top 2 inches sticking out. Take your ballot in the cover to the tabulator machine, usually located near the exit. The Election Judge there will need to verify the check in Judge initialed the top of your ballot and then you can place it in the tabulator. The tabulation machine is programmed to alert voters if they do not vote in a race or vote for too many candidates in a race. Please watch the screen until it says your ballot has been cast. If there are any issues reading your ballot the machine will stop it and ask you to address them. You are not obligated to change your ballot and the screen will provide the option to accept the ballot as is or return it to you for changes. It is your choice.
Take an "I Voted" sticker and you're done!