Procedures for Completing a Civil Union or Marriage License
- The ceremony must be performed in Champaign County for this license to be valid (Allerton Park is not in Champaign County)
- Check the date the license was issued. A license becomes effective one day after the date of issuance, and expires sixty (60) days after it becomes effective
- Complete the blue bordered cream-colored keepsake certificate and present it to the couple.
- Completely fill out both sides of the license. Please type or print legibly with black ink. Please be sure to sign both sides also
- The completed license must be returned to the County Clerk's Office within ten (10) days after the date of the ceremony.
Thank you for your attention to this request. Please call us if you have questions or need additional information. All civil union and marriage licenses are permanent records and are filed as received in the County Clerk's Office.