Business and Notary

The County Clerk’s Office provides a number of other services to the public.

Doing Business As (DBA) Filing Information

Anyone doing business in Champaign County who is not a corporation and is not using their full name in the name of the business must file a Doing Business As (DBA) License. To file, click here for more info.

Businesses that are incorporated, corporated, or limited liability file with the Secretary of State.

Doing Business As (DBA) Search

You can search all DBA certifications filed in Champaign County here.

Fireworks License

Setting off fireworks in unincorporated areas of Champaign County require a firework license. Apply for a license here.

Liquor License

Liquor licenses are required to serve alcohol in unincorporated areas of Champaign County. Click here to learn more about applying for a liquor license.

Notary Services

The Clerk's Office is able to notarize documents at no charge when the notary is on duty. Other agencies within the building also have notaries on staff.  Some restrictions may apply. As of 2022, the Secretary of State now handles all notary commissions and certificates. The Secretary of State’s contact information regarding notary services is:

Secretary of State



Raffle License

Holding a raffle in an unincorporated part of Champaign County requires a license. Click here for more details and required forms.

Recreation & Entertainment License

Any event in an unincorporated area of Champaign County that has a ticket cost or requests a donation is required to have a Recreation & Entertainment License. A license costs $4 for filing, $100 for a year (prorated), or $10 per day day for a single day event.


Scroll to the Top