Voter Registration Information

You can verify your voter registration here

Requirements to Register to Vote

Current Registration Options

When to Re-Register

You do not need to re-register unless you:

Change of Address

If you have moved from one address in Champaign County to another address within the county you need to notify the County Clerk's Office of your new address. There are several ways to do this.

You can mail your address change to the Champaign County Clerk at 1776 E. Washington, Urbana, IL 61802.

We can accept address changes year round except during the 28-day period just prior to an election and for the 2 days after an election.

Name Change

When a person changes their name, they are required to re-register. The process is the same as if it were a first time registration. You may do this by completing an In-Person registration form or a Mail-In form (see requirements above). Please provide your former name on either registration form under "Name (if changed)", on the In-Person form or in Section 10 of the Mail-In form.

Citizens Requiring Assistance

If you require assistance and cannot leave your home, we have Deputy Registrars throughout Champaign County that have volunteered to register you to vote at your home. Please call our office at 384-3724 or e-mail us at to make arrangements.